Wednesday 21 September 2011

PRESENTATION

Abersoch is a small town in north Wales , on the end of the Lyn peninsular. a lot of people call it mini Manchester or little Liverpool because almost all the holiday makers are from there







I have spent every summer down there with my family since I was born and I have some great memories of being mischievous and annoying welsh farmers with my friends on the caravan site, and were all still really close which is nice





We Used to camp on the edge of a cliff overlooking my favourite beach, PORTH CERIAD

It is my favourite beach because its hidden down a cove , it doesn’t get too busy like all the other beaches in abersoch, there are often dolphins and Wales and seals spotted in the sea in the evenings which is always exciting  its quite sheltered so its always hot in the summer and the waves are always massive

Which is why it is such a popular beach for the surfers







Waterspouts is big in abersoch , and it hosts Europe’s largest wakeboarding festival

Waksetock is the first and only festival that I have been to,  I enjoyed it so much that have been every year since 2008 mainly because it always has a good line up and the wakeboarding shows are amazing, and it’s a bonus that my caravan is nearby because and my mates have somewhere to shower and chill in the day instead of being on a muddy , smelly campsite





Threes also the glass butter beach which is a sports festival which is new to abersoch this year , similar t





One of my favourite things about abersoch is its shops

It has an OSD which sells one of my favourite brands of clothing , insight , which is quite pricey but I usually save up through the year so I can buy I few things down there in the summer

They also have a jack wills , board rider , crew clothing and coastal culture

.another thing about abersoch I love is the atmosphere there, everyone always





seems happy and the town is always buzzing , there always seems to be something going on , for example this summer there was wakestock, glass butter beach,



the mackerel race which was to raise money for charity



Surf competitions



Abersoch 10k



Dinghy week where people make their own boats and race on abersoch’s main beach



Aberosch regatta week, which was celebrating 125 years of abersoch’s famous boat race which takes place every summer



And the big sandcastle competition , which my caravan site have won three years in a row.



There are also events all through the year like the new years sea dip , which is when everyone dresses up in funny costumes and runs into the freezing sea on new years day, Also there is a great jazz concert that takes place every …….









Borsch is quite a wealthy place and  is known for its big houses and nice cars, you often see a few famous faces, a couple of years ago there was a reality programme for MTV made called ‘living on the edge’ which was based and filmed in abersoch. Also bear grills lives and owns the small island about a mile out to sea from abersoch and is often seen in aberosch.







It is also quite a beautiful place , it has some gorgeous beaches, walks and sights , if you ever get a chance you should see for yourself. And yeh that’s is why I think abersoch is good , Thank you for listening

No comments:

Post a Comment